Partner applications for the 2015-2016 fellowship class are now closed. Applications for the 2016-2017 fellowship class will open in August of 2015.
Interested in applying to be a placement organization with GHC? We accept applications from organizations that are improving health care access and outcomes in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States (Boston, New York/Newark, DC/Baltimore, Philadelphia), and Zambia. Our placement organizations range in size, scope of work, and geographic focus: We work with small grassroots organizations, large global institutions, and a spectrum of organizations in between. For a current list, please click here.
Fellows work in teams of two – one international fellow and one national fellow – focusing on a wide range of issues in a variety of different positions, including program management, monitoring and evaluation, and procurement and logistics. Organizations must be able to identify an area of need, create position descriptions for fellowship roles, demonstrate the capacity to absorb two new fulltime staff, and identify a clear manager for the fellow team in order to be considered for partnership.
GHC advertises the fellowship opportunities and candidates apply to specific fellowship positions, for which they have relevant skills and experience. GHC reviews applications, interviews a select group, and recommends finalists to placement organizations, who make the final selection.
For detailed information on our partnership structure and application process, please review the following:
- Partnership Overview
- Fellow Placement Examples
- Position Description Template and Instructions
- Sample Position Description
- Partner Timeline and Management Guide
For questions about partnership please email email@example.com.
- October 3, 2014: Deadline for submitting partner application form and partner financial information sheet
- November 3, 2014: Placement organizations finalized for 2015-2016 cohort
- November 14, 2014: First draft of position descriptions due from finalized partners
- November 28, 2014: Position description and cost-sharing agreement finalized between GHC and partner
- Mid-May, 2015: Fellows finalized for 2015-2016 cohort
- Mid-July, 2015: Fellows arrive at placement organizations and begin work
“Our recent fellow has significantly added to our capacity to do our work from a more thoughtful, long term perspective. I particularly value her contribution to the latter. There were several projects we would not have been able to do or we might have done much later, without the fellow.” Fellow Supervisor, 2013-14
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.