Apply now to become a 2016-2017 GHC placement organization!
The deadline to apply is October 5, 2015!
Interested in applying to be a placement organization with GHC? We accept applications from organizations that are improving health care access and outcomes in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia, and the United States (Boston, New York/Newark, DC/Baltimore, Philadelphia). Our placement organizations range in size, scope of work, and geographic focus: We work with small grassroots organizations, large global institutions, and a spectrum of organizations in between. For a current list, please click here.
Fellows work in teams of two – one national fellow and one international fellow – focusing on a wide range of issues in a variety of different positions, including program management, monitoring and evaluation, and procurement and logistics. Organizations must be able to identify an area of need, create position descriptions for fellowship roles, demonstrate the capacity to absorb two new fulltime staff, and identify a clear manager(s) for the fellow team in order to be considered for partnership.
GHC advertises the fellowship opportunities and candidates apply to specific fellowship positions, for which they have relevant skills and experience. GHC reviews applications, interviews a select group, and recommends finalists to placement organizations, who make the final selection.
Potential placement organizations must:
- Be aligned with GHC’s mission
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully engage, supervise, and support two new staff members
- Demonstrate an existing gap in capacity that fellows can fill
- Identify a skilled supervisor(s) for the fellows
- Maintain strong financial and operational health
For detailed information on our partnership structure and application process, please review the following:
- Partnership Overview
- Fellow Placement Examples
- Position Description Template
- Position Description Guide (including sample position descriptions)
Please email email@example.com with any questions about partnership.
How to Apply
- Please fill out the 2015 GHC Partnership Application Form by October 5th to express interest in becoming a GHC placement organization.
- Please download and complete the required Partner Financial Information Sheet and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting your organization’s name in the subject line
- In addition to the financial information sheet, please also submit your organization’s non-discrimination and sexual harassment policies to email@example.com, noting your organization’s name in the subject line.
- October 5, 2015: Deadline for submitting partner application form and partner financial information sheet
- November 3, 2015: Placement organizations finalized for 2016-2017 cohort
- November 13, 2015: Position descriptions due from finalized partners
- November 27, 2015: Position description and cost-sharing agreement finalized between GHC and partner
- Mid-May, 2016: Fellows finalized for 2016-2017 cohort
- Mid-July, 2016: Fellows arrive at placement organizations and begin work
“They (fellows) have enlarged our family. They are very resourceful, committed and loving. We would love to have them with us every year and we are working towards that.” — Fellow Supervisor, 2014-2015
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.