Placement Organization: Reproductive Health Uganda
Placement Location: Kampala, Uganda
Eligible Citizenship: American
About: RHU is committed to promoting high quality, high impact and gender sensitive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services for the vulnerable most at risk population of young people (15-30 years) in Uganda through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue-specific advocacy and strategic partnerships.
RHU’s current priorities are: increasing access to SRH information and service delivery, i.e. HIV/AIDS, Safe motherhood, and Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH); advocacy for SRH rights, resources, information and services; post abortion care; search for innovative/sustainable solutions to SRH/HIV&AIDS problems in its areas of operations.
Position Overview: The Quality Assurance fellow will monitor RHU’s activities’ compliance with the strategic plan and ensure that all RHU’s branches and departments adhere to the quality improvement policies set.
- Ensure compliance with strategic plans, supervise quality assurance activities and ensure funds & other resources are available for quality assurance
- Liaise with Heads of sections/branchs to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) remain relevant to the organization’s functions
- Develop and disseminate Quality Improvement indicators for the different Thematic Coordinators and RHU Branches to guide the process of QI
- Facilitate facility quality self-assessments and development of action plans and monitor their implementation
- Develop innovative strategies for Quality improvement and sustainability mechanisms
- Audit data quality for the different reports produced in the organization before dissemination
- Assess the utilization of primary data capturing tools.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance management tools & work plans for the organization
- Ensure that new information obtained through quality assurance processes is clearly communicated to those individuals involved in QA process
- Work with Senior Internal Auditor & M&E coordinator to carry out specific audits of program activities
- Liaise with HRO to ensure training gaps of different sections are identified and bridged to ensure quality of services
- Make recommendations to RHU management for quality improvements
- Undertake any other quality improvement duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills and Experience:
- Quality improvements in health sector
- Community work
- People skills
- Good listening skills
- Communication skills
- Database design and maintenance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics; Computer Science or Epidemiology/Health Economics and Planning
- Experience working with a reproductive health/family planning project or facility
- Quality improvements in health
- M&E skills and production of reports
- Medical background added advantage
- Conversant with computer packages such as SPSS, EPINFO, Graphics design, etc.
- Social research, data base design and maintenance
- Qualitative as well as quantitative data analysis and production of reports
Living Conditions: Fellows will be provided with housing, health insurance and a living stipend of $550/month. Fellows will also receive an award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year. Flights to and from the placement site and all other costs associated with GHC programming are included. GHC fellows will be based in the RHU Head office and have access to cell phones, computers and all office basics that RHU staff access.