Communications and Franchise Marketing Associate
Based in Kampala, Uganda, the Communications and Franchise Marketing Associate will participate in strategic initiatives and conversations around the development of fundraising, marketing, publicity, and content creation with LifeNet International (LN)’s Development Officer in the U.S. Additionally, the role will include a local focus, supporting the Uganda leadership team in generating marketing content for our stakeholders, as well as assisting in the design and implementation of a franchise marketing strategy for LifeNet partner health centers in Uganda. This is a vital expansion of LifeNet’s capacity to communicate internationally as well as nationally with stakeholders across a variety of platforms.
- Design LN promotional and reporting tools for stakeholders locally and internationally
- Support local story telling and maintain our qualitative data collection process
- Support the production and delivery of key partnership communications to local stakeholders
- Support the development of media content to communicate LN’s work to local and international stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Development Officer to elevate the LN brand and improve fundraising efforts, including gathering local data, creating donor reports, managing our social media accounts and further developing our audience
- Design and implement a franchise marketing strategy for LifeNet partner health centers in order to raise their visibility within their communities
- Work with Uganda leadership team to further develop our franchise network program
- Support existing franchise network partners and encourage new franchise partners to join the network
- Support the collection and visualization of data to show LN’s impact in healthcare quality
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public health, sales, marketing, or a related field
- Excellent English writing skills with experience telling compelling stories through reports and other materials for external audiences*
- Graphic/visual design skills, e.g. experience in Adobe Create Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign*
- Experience using social media platforms at an organizational or corporate level*
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize and coordinate activities across various departments*
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external stakeholders, e.g. government officials, the media, and/or donors
- Experience collecting data/stories, e.g. through surveys, focus groups, or collaboration with representatives on the ground
- Skills in photography and/or videography
- An excitement for analyzing complex organizational problems, identifying innovative solutions, and engaging others to implement them, preferably in a low-resource environment
- Ability to perform in an entrepreneurial and team-based environment, deliver strong results, and ask for help when needed
- International or cross-cultural experience, working within a diverse team context
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
About the Organization
LifeNet International (LN) exists to transform African health centers to provide quality, sustainable care. Operating in East Africa, LN works to improve the quality of health systems from the ground up and is specifically dedicated to health systems strengthening in the private and not-for-profit sectors. In Uganda, approximately 60% of all healthcare services are provided by faith-based, not-for-profit centers. Many of these centers serve rural, low-income populations. Through partnerships with faith-based health centers, LifeNet implements practical responses to everyday health challenges facing the poor.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.