The Communications Associate will contribute to Global Health Council (GHC)’s work as coordinator for the global health community and an amplifier of the community’s voice. The Associate will be specifically involved in drafting materials, such as blog posts and social media content, for publication through GHC’s various communication channels. In addition to creating content, the Associate will liaise with GHC members to gather additional content for the website and weekly newsletters. Both creating and gathering content for our organization is essential in fulfilling our organizational goal to improve health globally through the power of the collective voice. The Associate will learn from and consult staff members who manage GHC communications platform to perform daily duties.
Established in 1972, GHC is the leading membership organization supporting and connecting advocates, implementers, and stakeholders around global health priorities worldwide. GHC envisions a world where health and wellbeing for all is ensured through equitable, inclusive and sustainable investments, policies, and services. Global Health Council leverages the power of collaboration and collective action to monitor, inform, and accelerate global health engagement and investment by governments, multilateral agencies, and the global health community. Moreover, GHC provides a fact-based platform for a shared voice on cross-cutting global health issues; promotes and catalyzes an inclusive community of diverse people and organizations; challenges the status quo, connects visionaries and implementers, and calls for action with global and local impact; champions results-oriented, measurable, and person-centered solutions that drive sustainable health equity with funder and implementer accountability; and promotes collaborative action reflecting our commitment to human development through better health worldwide.
- Contribute to the amplification of Global Health Council’s policy and advocacy work on global health via GHC’s communication channels
- Support logistics and communications plans for special events. Participate in events, manage social media platform during events, take detailed notes, and draft blogs relating to main takeaways
- Provide GHC members with information on a continuing basis through website updates, weekly newsletters, blog content, social media platform, and targeted e-mail outreach
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor's or master’s degree in public or global health or related field, or global health experience (via previous job or internship)
- Prior experience working in marketing or communications*
- Strong oral and written English language skills, including demonstrated experience in both drafting and editing communications content*
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word Suite (including Excel, Word, Publisher)*
- Adept at using social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)*
- Strong organizational skills and proven success at meeting deadlines*
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-task team environment*
- Proficient user of Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator)
- Experience planning and coordinating meetings and events
- Customer service experience
- Experience using content editors such as WordPress and Constant Contact
- HTML experience
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong accountability and attention to detail
Note: Applicants who do not have legal visitor status in the US and will need to be sponsored for a J-1 visa are required to have about two years of cumulative work, volunteering, or internship experience.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.