The Communications Specialist will support the delivery of key communications and knowledge management initiatives, including development of a central knowledge management strategy. The Communications Specialist will also contribute to capacity building of Afya Mzuri staff in communication and intervention implementation skills. The specialist will work closely with the senior management team, project lead staff, and the M&E Officer.
- Develop a system for managing regular website updates
- Build team capacity to manage and oversee web content development for the website
- Grow the audience for the E-Forum on Afya Mzuri’s website
- Research and develop informational and educational materials for Afya Mzuri’s thematic health areas
- Ensure all materials follow organizational branding guidelines
- Build team capacity with basic report writing, editing, and documenting skills
- Coordinate with staff to document and share Afya Mzuri’s impact with external stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- At least one year of professional experience in communications or knowledge management*
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by experience writing reports, blogs, summaries, or other communications materials*
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as senior executives or community beneficiaries*
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite*
- A master’s degree or relevant post-graduate qualification
- Experience working for a non-profit organization and/or in the corporate sector
- Experience working with large-scale donor funded programmes in the health sector, ideally with USAID
- Proven track record of capacity building at individual, community, or organizational levels
- Willing to work with minimal supervision; a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid time management skills
- Skilled in coordinating projects across teams
- A passion for writing and researching
About the Organization
Afya Mzuri is known to be among the experts in behaviour change interventions, working in both urban and peri-urban settings to address health risks focusing on gender, sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and HIV prevention. Afya Mzuri’s participatory approach aims at including key target populations such as adolescent girls and boys, young women, youth, and inadequately serviced populations.
Afya Mzuri’s mission is to contribute to the national health response through empowering people and communities to adopt healthy behaviours through innovative and participatory approaches.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.