Community Health and Outreach Coordinator
The Community Health and Outreach Coordinator will help to improve OneSight’s positive impact on underserved populations by supporting expansion of vision screening efforts to schoolchildren and adults—with the aim of unlocking their potential via education, ensuring improved road safety, and increasing productivity via improved sight. The Coordinator will be responsible for collaborating with the programming and operations teams to expand and improve vision screening processes and ensure follow-up care is available for those who need it. Additionally, the Coordinator will support in-country partners on implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on new and existing programs.
- Program planning and development of outreach activities
- Ensure the management and implementation of the outreach program
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the interventions
- Support expansion of outreach efforts, from identifying audiences to implementing programs to reach them
- Support implementation of vision screenings for 100% of Rwandan schoolchildren and for all driver’s license applicants
- Help identify partners to expand vision screening efforts, reporting on those efforts
- Develop plan to measure impact and ensure data integrity
- Coordinate with operations and shared services teams globally to ensure proper execution, equipment, and fulfillment
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Demonstrated experience with program/project planning and management*
- At least one year of experience in conducting surveys, assessments, and evaluations, preferably on monitoring and evaluation projects*
- Experience in analyzing data and providing an analytical report*
- Experience in training and facilitation; comfortable with public speaking
- Skills in partnership development and management
- Experience or familiarity with database or information management systems, especially Salesforce
- Experience creating training materials
- Ability to undertake regular field visits in rural and urban areas
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; strong accountability and attention to detail
- Knowledge of or strong interest in learning about health care systems and vision care
- Understanding of or interest in learning about outreach models of service delivery
- Ability to work in a team environment with self-sufficiency and self-motivation
- Interest in global health issues and community health outreach
About the Organization
OneSight is dedicated to fueling potential by helping people see clearly. By creating access to quality eye exams and glasses in underserved communities worldwide, we are leading the way to close the global vision care gap for the 1.1 billion people who need glasses but lack access. Through a combination of charitable vision clinics and self-sustaining, permanent vision centers, we are focused on finding and implementing the best solution for each community in 49 countries and counting.
Driving a comprehensive solution in Rwanda is an organizational priority for 2019-2020. This includes the expansion of vision care access to populations not yet served by the existing 15 vision centers and one manufacturing lab that have opened since 2015. In cooperation with the Ministry of Health, OneSight is also working to test new outreach models, to optimize measurement and reporting, and to spread awareness of the critical role vision care plays in improving the lives of Rwandans.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.