Global Health Corps recently in the news:
- “Social entrepreneurs solving problems around the world: Barbara Bush on helping young people improve global healthcare” GHC’s Co-Founder and 2018 Skoll Social Entrepreneurship Awardee Barbara Bush talks about the importance of crossing borders and working collaboratively to achieve health equity in The Guardian.
- “A Letter from Our Board: Global Health Corps’ Leadership Transition” GHC’s Board addresses Barbara Bush’s recent transition announcement and the next phase of the organization’s leadership on Medium.
- “Barbara Bush: Health care should not be political” Barbara Bush, CEO of GHC, emphasizes why health care should not be political and how GHC takes a different approach to address the most pressing global health issues in an interview with Business Insider.
- “How These Young Rwandan Architects are Redesigning Their Country” Christian Benimana, 2011-2012 Rwanda alum, and Marie Amelie Ntigulirwa, 2013-2014 Rwanda alum, are featured in Fast Company for their work with MASS Design Group launching the new Africa Design Center, a training program for young Rwandan architects committed to creating social change through design.
- “To Young Rwandans, You Are the Future” New Times op-ed by Rwanda Country Manager Jean Rene Shema and the Honorable Minister of Health Dr. Agnes Binagwaho.
- “Resilience in Global Health” CEO Barbara Bush at the 2016 Milken Institute Public Health Summit.
- “Leadership Crossing Geographic, Cultural, and Sector Barriers” Independent Sector profiles Uganda Country Manager Diana Nambatya Nsubuga, 2016 winner of the American Express NGEN Leadership Award.
- “Emerging Leaders” Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications Jess Mack at the 2016 SwitchPoint Ideas Festival.
- “A Millennial Named Bush” New York Times Columnist Nicholas Kristof profiles Global Health Corps’ founding and mission and the young generation of leaders that are changing the future of global health.
- “Meet the Non-MDs Solving Systemic Healthcare Problems for Global Health Corps” Fast Company profiles seven of our fellows and alums from non-traditional backgrounds working across issue areas to transform health systems.
- “Developing Resilient Global Leaders” GHC CEO Barbara Bush writes in the Stanford Social Innovation Review about the importance of resiliency in developing global leaders.
- “Young people want to work on social change issues” Fusion TV profiled Global Health Corps to hear from CEO Barbara Bush and our fellows and alumni about why young people want to work on social justice and how GHC is helping them do it.
- “Our fellows can bring in new ways of thinking because they have fresh eyes.” NPR interviews Global Health Corps CEO, Barbara Bush, on her motivations for founding Global Health Corps and gives advice to young people seeking to work in global health.
- “Nargis Shirazi: Getting people to talk about sex education” The Daily Monitor interviews 2011-2012 Uganda fellow Nargis Shirazi on her organization, Woman to Woman Foundation, her experience meeting Melinda Gates, and how her GHC experience helped her start her own foundation.
For all media inquiries, please use our contact form.