Data Analysis Coordinator
The Data Analysis Coordinator will support a large HIV/AIDS programme with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and program teams at the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ). Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Response (PEPFAR), the Achieving Control of the HIV Epidemic in Zambia (ACHIEVE) programme’s primary goal is to decrease the rate of new infections and mortality along the entire HIV care continuum. The Data Analysis Coordinator will report to the Head of the Analysis Unit and liaise with the ACHIEVE project team to assess progress towards the goals of building community demand for proven HIV prevention, care, and treatment services. In particular, the Coordinator will access and analyze data from project-specific databases including enteric diseases, cervical cancer, and hepatitis B cohort, as well as from SmartCare, an Electronic Health Records (EHR) management system developed by the Zambian Ministry of Health and collaborating partners.
Note: As a participant in the Global Health Corps fellowship program, this individual will be classified as a Trainee by the placement organization and the government of Zambia.
- Analyze and summarize results from specific project data
- Contribute to other analyses undertaken by the M&E and ACHIEVE team
- Provide technical inputs and respond to ad hoc requests for data analysis and presentations
- Work with the department in developing and writing scientific papers relating to CIDRZ’s ongoing research work.
- Participate in bi-weekly analysis and think-tank meetings
- Learn how to extract data from Smartcare, an Electronic Health Records (EHR) management system, through Stata’s ODBC functionality and familiarity with the Smartcare forms
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a health field (e.g. Epidemiology), a social science (e.g. Statistics, Biostatistics, or Economics), or another related field
- Strong quantitative analysis skills with proficiency in statistical software – preferably STATA, but alternately another like R, SPSS, or SAS*
- Experience with technical or academic writing, producing reports or other materials that summarize key findings*
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project*
- Experience building out, maintaining, or exporting data from running reports in a database system
- Ability to explain complex information in accessible language, as evidenced by track record of producing presentations, reports, or other materials for non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and multi-task
- Willingness to deliver products under time pressure and short deadlines.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including integrity, good judgment, team working and diplomacy.
About the Organization
Established in 2001, CIDRZ is an independent Zambian organisation with a broad academic mission in public health programming, clinical and outcomes research, and training. CIDRZ works in close partnership with the Government of Zambia and actively collaborates with the University of Zambia and multiple leading U.S. and European universities. CIDRZ has substantial programmes in the fields of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, tuberculosis, women’s health, reproductive cancer screening, new-born and child health, primary health and health systems strengthening, and community outreach. Other priority areas for CIDRZ include enteric diseases, hepatitis, and mental health. CIDRZ faculty and collaborators offer mentorship in diverse areas, and are amongst the world’s leading thinkers on issues related to implementation science, infectious diseases, and broader health. For more information, please visit our website at www.cidrz.org.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.