Digital Health Officer
The Digital Health Officer will support the development, coordination, and implementation of activities in the Digital Health Strategy of the Ministry of Health, which aims to leverage technology to improve the quality of health care services provided to the 18 million people living in Malawi. The Digital Health Officer will primarily focus on high-impact, sector-wide, and stakeholder-oriented initiatives such as: developing a coordinated investment framework to align and coordinate resources for digital health, performing a systematic review of existing digital health solutions to recommend projects for coordination and scale, and coordinating with partners to incubate digital health solutions. In addition to supporting government officers, the Digital Health Officer will also collaborate with technical representatives from the international donor community and other key development partners. The Digital Health Officer will report to the Head of the newly established Digital Health Division in the Quality Management Directorate.
- Develop a common and coordinated investment framework for digital health
- Collaborate with innovation hubs and research institutions to incubate solutions for digital health
- Perform a systematic review of the mHealth, telehealth, and electronic medical record (EMR) projects in Malawi to determine priorities for scale and coordination
- Create a database repository of digital health resources
- Maintain the database for Integrated Supportive Supervision checklists, analyze results, and make recommendations for improvement
- Serve as a trusted technical assistant to implement the digital health strategy and guide other national policies, strategies, and initiatives
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- At least two years of professional experience*
- Academic training and/or professional experience in informatics, computer science, data science, digital, or a related field*
- Demonstrated experience initiating, creating, and/or launching an initiative, program, project, or organization*
- Project management experience, such as team engagement to achieve a time-bound goal or project*
- Experience with technology in the health sector, e.g. digital health or mHealth
- Experience working in or with government departments/agencies
- Experience in program design, implementation, and/or monitoring and evaluation
- Public speaking skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge management skills, with experience organizing information, for example, in a database
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to successfully navigate high-pressure situations and rapidly changing environments
- Self-starter and takes independent initiative
- Strategic thinker, analytical and very creative
- Ability to build and nurture relationships in complex political and cultural settings
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with high ranking officials
- Ability to work flexibly, including handling an erratic schedule and travel
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
About the Organization
The Ministry of Health (MOH)’s mission is to improve the overall health of all Malawians, ensure that the population is satisfied with the health services provided, and protect patients from avoidable financial risks in the process of accessing health care.
To fast-track the achievement of Universal Health Coverage by 2030, the MOH established the Quality Management Directorate (QMD) in 2016 to provide strategic leadership and coordination of quality management initiatives across the entire health sector. In 2017, the Ministry went further and established a new Division, within the Quality Management Directorate, that is responsible for coordinating digital health in the country. Over the past year, the Directorate developed a health-sector-wide Digital Health Strategy, in addition to conducting several landscape analyses of the digital health application currently in use in Malawi. These documents outline the key policy and strategic directions to improve quality of care across the health sector over the next five years. The QMD is now coordinating with stakeholders, funders, and all other Ministry directorates to implement the strategic plan by 2022.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.