Educational Development and Quality Center Coordinator
The Educational Development and Quality Center (EDQC) Coordinator will play an integral role in the development of the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Quality Improvement (QI) systems. As UGHE grows its academic programs, creating systems for evaluating courses and improving the quality of academic content is crucial. The EDQC Coordinator will work with the EDQC staff, faculty, and students across both the Masters of Global Health Delivery program and the Medical School to develop M&E, QI, and reporting systems, in addition to supporting current activities. The EDQC Coordinator will also work closely with the e-learning team to implement and evaluate new online modules and provide curriculum and administrative support to the e-learning team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the EDQC’s M&E and QI systems to evaluate and improve academic programs
- Support development of evaluations specific to programs, courses, and faculty to continuously monitor and evaluate modules that may be delivered in-person, online, or in a blended format
- Make recommendations and lead efforts to create long-term institutional academic M&E and QI systems
- Provide support in producing UGHE’s evaluation reports, impact reports, and other research projects
- Provide technical research to support systems development, content development, and strategic planning at UGHE
- Support integration of the curriculum and continuity of content across multiple faculty in order to maximize student experience and ensure students achieve desired competencies in in-person, online, or blended modules
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- At least one year of professional experience*
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as demonstrated by experience producing accessible materials for non-technical audiences, like reports, blogs, or summaries*
- Experience teaching or training others in new skills or information, e.g. as a workshop facilitator, teaching or research assistant/fellow, or teacher*
- Experience analyzing quantitative and/or qualitative data, ideally to evaluate the impact of programs or curriculum*
- Track record of mastering new technology, ideally learning management systems but alternately CRM database systems, knowledge management systems, or other technical software programs
- Experience in research design, implementation, or analysis, preferably within a health context
- Experience in developing and/or evaluating learning materials in an online context or health-related field
- Proven interest in health equity, global health, or public health education
- Willingness to learn new tools and platforms, and attention to detail
- Confident in building and maintaining effective relationships with people across, and outside, the organization
- Strong willingness to take initiative and identify innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and maturity
About the Organization
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and changemakers. An initiative of Partners In Health (PIH) and led by internationally recognized faculty and staff from around the world, UGHE is an independent, accredited university that builds on PIH’s three decades of experience in delivering health services to some of the world’s poorest communities. Launched in 2015, with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD), UGHE has since added a portfolio of Executive Education courses and will soon launch an undergraduate medical degree.
UGHE is bringing forth a new way of training leaders who will emerge ready to develop health care services and systems that connect neglected communities with essential–and ultimately life-saving–attention. The University's approach is grounded in experience, focused on delivery, and guided by the belief that equity in education can be the catalyst for equity in health care. In all current and future offerings, UGHE prioritizes hands-on and practical field experience; focuses on "systems" rather than symptoms; and provides training in leadership and management. Students leave prepared to address the complexity of delivering care in all settings.
UGHE's vision is a world where every individual—no matter who they are or where they live—can lead a healthy and productive life. Learn more at www.ughe.org.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.