Information Systems Specialist
The Information Systems Specialist (ISS) will spearhead the digitization of health knowledge to share among the program staff, beneficiaries, and the public. The ISS’ work will support the mission of providing leadership and excellence in delivering quality health care services that improve the health status and welfare of communities through research, implementing evidenced based programs, education, capacity building, and collaborating partnerships. The ISS will work closely with the staff of Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC) in Kigali and some partners’ staff based at supported hospitals. The ISS will be a member of the staff and will collaborate with the Health Communication Specialist, Strategic Information Director, and Clinical Department staff in digitizing the educational messages for public access.
AHC was formed in 2016 as part of the long-term sustainability strategy that the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science developed with the Rwanda Defense Forces to support its participation in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded US Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP). This program is designed to help militaries across the globe to combat the spread of HIV and to ensure proper treatment interventions. In September of 2017, AHC became the lead agency in implementing US DOD/PEPFAR grant funded HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment in the Rwanda Defense Force. The program serves the military, their families, and communities around military health facilities throughout Rwanda. AHC’s vision is a world where communities are strong and self-sufficient enough to adequately respond to the health care and welfare needs of their peoples.
- Update the AHC website with educational content (text, pictures, databases, and videos)
- Design web-based databases for recording clients feedback or queries and posting eLearning materials
- Support the Health Communication Specialist in posting the designed messages to the website
- Create an eLearning platform to support the main website of AHC for training purposes using an eLearning content management system
- Train key personnel on uploading courses and ensuring users are assigned proper access
- Provide basic graphic design to present contents in a clear and compelling manner
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related*
- Experience with website design*
- Experience with programming content management systems (CMS), preferably using SPIP*
- Experience with eLearning techniques and/or platforms*
- Ability to design and deliver training on IT related applications and solutions*
- Ability to communicate complex IT information both orally and in writing*
- Team spirit and ethical approaches to problem solving*
- Experience with graphic design and animation
- Experience with automated form design
- Windows Server Administration
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.