Key Populations Program Fellow
The role of the Key Populations Program Fellow will be to assist the Key Population Program managers in the coordination of program activities. The Key Population Program involves five main service provision populations: female sex workers (FSW), men who have sex with men (MSM), clients of female sex workers, clients reporting STI symptoms, and voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC). The Key Populations Program Fellow will help manage of one or more population groups, which includes management of programs and data.
The Rwanda Zambia HIV Research Group (RZHRG) has been a global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS for more than 25 years, supporting prevention programs and research at its sites in Ndola and Lusaka, Zambia (ZEHRP) and in Kigali, Rwanda (Project San Francisco). RZHRG is committed to supporting Couples Voluntary Counseling and Testing (CVCT) as an effective and economical way to decrease HIV/AIDS transmission throughout southern Africa. Operating from Emory University, RZHRG programs include couples voluntary counseling and testing; couples family planning and counseling with the provision of long acting reversible contraceptives; research among key populations; data management and analysis; molecular work in the laboratories; and financial and administrative management. Much of the work RZHRG conducts relies on collaboration with local and international organizations.
- Coordination of service provision activities
- Reporting on progress of activities
- Data cleaning
- Manage follow up for clients needing additional services
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health or related field*
- Demonstrated program design and/or management experience*
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)*
- Experience with maintaining databases/data cleaning*
- Good understanding of HIV prevention strategies for key populations
- Good written and communication skills
- Fluency in French
- Good time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage a multi-faceted project and keep numerous channels of communication going at once
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a multicultural workforce
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.