Knowledge Management Officer
The Knowledge Management Officer will work closely with the Partnerships Manager to organize and catalogue information compiled and stored in various digital formats so that others in the organization can access and use it easily whenever required. The Officer will also be responsible for assisting others in creating and managing reports, proposals and other official documents based on company template and samples.
- Manage the knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of the new knowledge management programs by observing its usage and evaluate its impact in terms of the organizational benefits
- Interact with staff members for input. Act as a mediator to answer the queries of the staff about the knowledge management products and practices
- Utilize the knowledge base resources and design a training module for the staff to help them access the knowledge management tools
- Assist in providing SharePoint administration and technical support for the SharePoint environment
- Encourage the staff and workers to share knowledge effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for the analysis of social networks and formation of communities of practice within the organization
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- At least 2 years of related experience*
- Familiarity with developing and delivering trainings or educational programs, which will help design training modules and staff communities of practice*
- Track record of improving processes and/or outcomes, ideally informed by understanding of Service Transition Lifecycle Process*
- Experience with SharePoint, ideally SharePoint 2013, and/or BMC Remedy Knowledge Management
- Experience gathering feedback/data through surveys or focus groups
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project
- Proficiency in Google Enterprise Suite (Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, and Drive, including Sheets and Docs)
- Experience with Notion, Asana, and/or Slack
About the Organization
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for community health workers, managers, and clinical teams. Medic software in the hands of these health workers improves health in the hardest-to-reach communities. Medic Mobile aims to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality, improve child health, strengthen health systems, and reduce the burden of disease. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right. Our tools currently support more than 20,000 health workers in 18 countries.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.