MGHD Teaching and Learning Coordinator
The MGHD Teaching and Learning Coordinator will be placed within the Teaching and Learning (T&L) team at the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) and will also work with the professor and course directors to develop and implement teaching and learning for the University. The Coordinator’s primary role will be to undertake curriculum development, research, and administrative support to the T&L team, as well as serve as support for Master of Science in Global Health Delivery degree (MGHD) students. The Coordinator will be involved in educational assessments and the development of student learning outcomes. The Coordinator will be a key member of the team and will serve as a focal point for students and staff in all things related to the student experience, teaching, and logistics.
- Design an academically rich experience integrating global health content and cutting-edge pedagogy; ensure continuity of content across multiple faculty in order to maximize student experience and to ensure students achieve desired competencies
- In collaboration with the T&L team, use technical content to develop pre-class assignments, instruction sequences to guide course delivery, post-class assignments, and overall assessment and evaluation tools
- Design and execute evaluations and course assessments to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Provide technical research to support content development for the suite of MGHD courses
- Develop program and course specific evaluation mechanism to continuously monitor and evaluate the MGHD program
- Prepare presentations and contribute to the development of scholarship and practical materials demonstrating the unique content and pedagogy driving T&L at UGHE
Student Experience and Support Management
- Liaise with and support students during class and office hours, identify supplementary academic materials, and provide student feedback
- Design and lead supplementary programming on academic writing, literature reviews, and principles of academic integrity; occasionally facilitate in-class instruction
- Receive, collate, and respond to student input
Online Learning Management System
- Contribute to the ongoing management of UGHE’s online learning management system
- Support and participate in admissions and selection processes
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree*
- Preferred: Master’s degree in public health, global health, international development, business administration, or related field
- Research experience, including in undergrad or graduate school, ideally in the field of public or global health*
- Excellent writing and editing skills*
- Experience teaching, training, or presenting, especially as a teaching assistant, research assistant, teaching fellow, or teacher, either while as student or as a working professional*
- Experience contributing to training/curriculum development, especially for a training or education program in a health-related field*
- Interest in health equity and medical education, interest in a career in global health*
- Experience working with master’s degree students
- Experience evaluating the impact of programs and/or curricula
- Experience creating learning materials, including print, video, and/or online
- Flexibility and maturity
- Strong willingness to take initiative
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
About the Organization
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and changemakers. An initiative of Partners In Health (PIH) and led by internationally recognized faculty and staff from around the world, UGHE is an independent, accredited university that builds on PIH’s three decades of experience in delivering health services to some of the world’s poorest communities. Launched in 2015, with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD), UGHE has since added a portfolio of Executive Education courses and will soon launch an undergraduate medical degree.
UGHE is bringing forth a new way of training leaders who will emerge ready to develop health care services and systems that connect neglected communities with essential–and ultimately life-saving–attention. The University's approach is grounded in experience, focused on delivery, and guided by the belief that equity in education can be the catalyst for equity in health care. In all current and future offerings, UGHE prioritizes hands-on and practical field experience; focuses on "systems" rather than symptoms; and provides training in leadership and management. Students leave prepared to address the complexity of delivering care in all settings.
UGHE's vision is a world where every individual—no matter who they are or where they live—can lead a healthy and productive life. Learn more at www.ughe.org.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.