Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
Located in Kampala, Uganda, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate will join LifeNet International (LN)’s M&E Team, which is responsible for measuring the impact of our programs. One of LN’s strengths is the monitoring and evaluation of its training programs. The tools used by the M&E team help drive the implementation of evidence-based clinical practices that save lives and prevent disease and disability.
The M&E team focuses on key performance indicators in adhering to best practices in maternal, neonatal and child health; patient safety; financial sustainability; and access to quality medicines.
The M&E Associate will support the design and launch of new activities in addition to supporting current activities, including:
- A scientific research study related to maternal and neonatal health outcomes;
- Electronic data collection and evaluation through our online Salesforce data platform;
- Project coordination for a pilot electronic medical record (EMR) program and a non-communicable disease screening and treatment program;
- Generating reports and supporting data use throughout the organization, from the leadership team to our field training team; and,
- Training and capacity building on research projects and data management systems for current LN team members and new hires.
- Assist in the development and rollout of LN’s M&E systems to monitor expanding programs and interventions
- Provide basic troubleshooting and management for LN data platforms, including Salesforce and Formyoula
- Build the capacity of our staff through the provision of training and technical support to LN trainers across country sites, including the on-boarding of new hires
- Build the M&E capacity of our partners through targeted initiatives
- Provide support as needed for LN’s impact evaluation study and other research projects
- Support the M&E Team in the ongoing development of exciting new initiatives, including EMR and non-communicable disease (NCD) care
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in statistics, economics or other social science, public health, research, or other relevant field
- Quantitative or qualitative data analysis skills, including experience with statistical software packages like SAS, SPSS, STATA, or R*
- Experience with data visualization using software like Excel, Hive, or Tableau*
- Experience communicating complex information in an accessible manner through reports, presentations, trainings, or talking points*
- Previous experience in research design, implementation, and analysis, preferably within a health context
- Experience in data collection through surveys, field projects, or focus groups
- Experience with a CRM database, ideally Salesforce
- An excitement for analyzing complex organizational problems, identifying innovative solutions, and engaging others to implement them, preferably in a low-resource environment
- Ability to perform in an entrepreneurial and team-based environment, deliver strong results, and ask for help when needed
- Ability to function well in a diverse, cross-cultural work environment
About the Organization
LifeNet International (LN) exists to transform African health centers to provide quality, sustainable care. Operating in East Africa, LN works to improve the quality of health systems from the ground up and is specifically dedicated to health systems strengthening in the private and not-for-profit sectors. In Uganda, approximately 60% of all healthcare services are provided by faith-based, not-for-profit centers. Many of these centers serve rural, low-income populations. Through partnerships with faith-based health centers, LifeNet implements practical responses to everyday health challenges facing the poor.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.