One Health Coordinator
The One Health Coordinator will be embedded within the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)’s One Health department, which focuses on the intersections of human, animal, and environmental health. S/he will also liaise closely with the Teaching and Learning (T&L) teams for the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) degree program, as well as the Bachelor of Science in Medicine and Surgery and Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MBBS/MGHD) dual degree program.
The Coordinator’s primary role will be to provide administrative and program coordination support to the One Health team. S/he will be involved in One Health curriculum development and research, and will serve as support for MGHD and MBBS/MGHD students. S/he will be a key member of the team and will serve as a focal point for students, staff and faculty in all matters related to One Health.
- Support in the integration of One Health content across multiple faculty
- Use technical content to develop pre-class assignments, instruction sequences to guide course delivery, post-class assignments, and overall assessment tools
- Provide technical research to support content development for the One Health department
- Prepare presentations and contribute to the development of scholarship and practical materials for the One Health department
Student Experience and Support Management
- Liaise with and support students during class and office hours, identify supplementary academic materials, and provide student feedback
- Contribute to the ongoing management of UGHE’s online learning management system
- Support and participate in admissions and selection processes
- Support One Health academic processes and programs related to research, curriculum, staff, faculty and students
- Manage programmatic logistics and processes to support One Health experiences and related events
- Provide general administrative support to the One Health department
- Serve as a key point of contact for logistics, including flight booking and transportation
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for the One Health team, including developing agendas and taking minutes
- Support in managing the One Health department’s appointments and monthly financial statements
- Represent UGHE at One Health meetings and events
- Facilitate meetings for the One Health Collaborative; develop new and promote existing relationships with members of the Collaborative, other organizations, and scholars across the world
- Support the creation of a UGHE One Health student club chapter
- Support resource mobilization for the One Health programming, including preparing grant applications to external funding sources, coordinating reporting to external funders, and managing financial approvals and other financial processes
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and mentoring One Health faculty, staff, and students
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in the human, animal or environmental health fields that make up One Health
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by past materials or reports created for external audiences*
- Experience designing curriculum for workshops, trainings, or classroom delivery*
- Public speaking skills, e.g. past experience delivering trainings, workshops, or presentations*
- Proven skills to organize and execute logistics*
- Ability to manage, organize, develop plans and generate data to make decisions*
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries*
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project
- Experience working with adult learners
- Experience working in Rwanda or another low-income context
- Working proficiency in Kinyarwanda
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, good judgment, and creative problem-solving
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel, Google Suite products, and learning management systems
- Interest in health equity and a career in global health
- Flexibility and maturity
- Strong willingness to take initiative
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and long hours
About the Organization
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and changemakers. An initiative of Partners In Health (PIH) and led by internationally recognized faculty and staff from around the world, UGHE is an independent, accredited university that builds on PIH’s three decades of experience in delivering health services to some of the world’s poorest communities. Launched in 2015, with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery, UGHE has since added a portfolio of Executive Education courses and will soon launch an undergraduate medical degree.
UGHE is bringing forth a new way of training leaders who will emerge ready to develop health care services and systems that connect neglected communities with essential–and ultimately life-saving–attention. The University's approach is grounded in experience and focused on delivery, and is guided by the belief that equity in education can be the catalyst for equity in health care. In all current and future offerings, UGHE prioritizes hands-on and practical field experience; focuses on "systems" rather than symptoms; and provides training in leadership and management. Students leave prepared to address the complexity of delivering care in all settings.
UGHE's vision is a world where every individual—no matter who they are or where they live—can lead a healthy and productive life. Learn more at www.ughe.org.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.