Be a Placement Organization
Interested in being a GHC Placement Organization for the 2020-2021 cohort?
Global Health Corps establishes paid competitive yearlong roles with high impact health equity organizations in East and Southern Africa. The fellows that fill these roles are selected out of thousands of applicants for their ability to bring new skills, perspectives, and technical expertise to our placement organizations. The GHC fellowship offers organizations an opportunity to infuse new talent from diverse backgrounds into their leadership pipelines.
What can GHC fellows do for your organization?
Fellows work in teams of two – one national fellow and one international fellow – filling critical capacity gaps that allow organizations to further the impact of their work. GHC fellows are a multidisciplinary group of young professionals who offer a wide range of technical skills, professional experience, educational backgrounds, and diverse perspectives. Their contributions are enhanced by their participation in the GHC community, which serves as a place of learning, support, and discernment.
GHC advertises the fellowship opportunities and candidates apply to up to three specific fellowship roles, for which they have relevant skills and experience. GHC reviews applications, interviews a select group, and recommends finalists to placement organizations, who then are encouraged to use their own interviewing protocols to make the final selection.
The 13-month fellowship begins in early July with GHC’s Training Institute. Fellows begin at their placement organization in mid-July and the fellowship wraps up in late July of the following year.
How does the partnership work?
Placement Organization Selection:
GHC partners with organizations that are doing excellent work in improving healthcare access and outcomes in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia. Our placement organizations range in size, scope of work, and geographic focus; we work with small grassroots organizations, large global institutions, and a spectrum of organizations in between. For a current list, please click here.
Potential placement organizations must:
- Be aligned with GHC’s mission
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully absorb two new fellows
- Demonstrate an existing capacity gap that fellows can fill
- Identify a supervisor(s) for the fellows
- Maintain strong financial and operational health
Organizations begin by completing our Expression of Interest and Financial Information Form. GHC staff lead a rigorous screening process which includes in-person meetings and follow-up phone calls. As part of the selection process, GHC works with partner organizations to craft compelling roles for fellows and establish a cost-sharing plan.
Global Health Corps works with organizations of all sizes. We have different financial models to accommodate the range of organizations with which we work. Cost considerations include housing, monthly living stipend for fellows, health insurance, vaccinations and prophylaxis, professional development funds, completion award, and fellow leadership programming.
For more detailed information on our partnership structure and application process, please review the following:
For questions about partnerships please email email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Fill out the GHC Partnership Expression of Interest Form by September 27.
- Complete the required Partner Financial Assessment by September 27. Check out this video for a quick tutorial on completing the assessment.
- Review the Role Description Template as you begin thinking about the roles you might want fellows to fill. Organizations that are invited to continue in the application process will be asked to submit two role descriptions – one for a national fellow and one for an international fellow.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- August 13: Partnership Expression of Interest period opens
- September 27: Deadline for partnership Expression of Interest Form and Financial Information Form
- October 18: Role descriptions due to GHC, GHC team reviews and makes revisions to all role descriptions
- October 29: Cost-sharing agreement due to GHC
- November 6: Role descriptions finalized; subsequently sent back to partners for sign-off
- November 29: Placement organizations finalized for 2020-2021 cohort
- December 4: Role descriptions posted on GHC website, fellowship application opens
- Early June 2020: Fellows finalized for 2020–2021 cohort
- Mid-July 2020: Fellows arrive at placement organizations and begin their fellowship