Quality Improvement Coordinator
Based in Kirehe, Mahama, the Quality Improvement Coordinator will plan, coordinate, and implement the quality management and quality improvement programs for three American Refugee Committee (ARC) supported health facilities in the refugee camps. S/he will monitor and provide assistance with quality assurance and compliance functions; provide consultation and direction to ensure programs and services are implemented at the highest standards and patients receive the highest level of care; and, ensure national and international policies, procedures, and guidelines are adhered to and available for smooth implementation of activities.
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities. We help people survive conflict and crisis and rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC is committed to the delivery of programs that ensure measurable quality and lasting impact for the people we serve. ARC’s interventions range from providing life-saving health and nutrition services to empowering refugee entrepreneurs to become self-reliant and integrating with the Rwandan economy, shelter and camp infrastructures, water, sanitation and hygiene, and protection, especially gender based violence prevention and response.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate quality management protocol for primary health care programs following the ministry of health guidelines and in coordination with other implementing partners
- Participate in the assessment of health and nutrition services using agreed upon quality management monitoring mechanism
- Analyze, develop, and implement improvement activities to increase compliance rates as measured by Rwanda ministry of health standard benchmarks and definition
- Establish and maintain relationships across government entities and donor organizations
- Coach and mentor health and nutrition staff on quality standards and compliance
- Produce professional quality technical and analytical materials
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret factual data in order to prepare precise and complete reports on quality management in a clear and effective manner
- Any other duties as determined by supervisor
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- At least 2 years of experience conducting quality assurance or quality improvement activities*
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, which will translate to coaching/mentoring other staff*
- Experience with data analysis to guide data collection and quality assurance in this role*
- Professional experience or academic training in emergency and/or protracted refugee contexts
- Professional experience or academic training in health service delivery organizations or policy guidelines in Rwanda
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with database software
- Kinyarwanda and French language skills
- Willingness to travel in the field
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with high-ranking officials
- Familiarity with or interest in learning about the different branches in Rwanda Government particularly the MOH
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and take independent initiatives
- Analytical and creative strategic thinker
- Familiarity with health and nutrition programs
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.