Quality Improvement Officer
The Quality Improvement Officer will support Living Goods to develop a robust Quality Improvement (QI) Strategy that can support Living Goods (LG) to achieve its strategic goals. The Advisor will collaborate directly with the Quality Assurance (QA) team and very closely with the M&E, Health and Field Operations teams to support in development and implementation of the overall LG QI strategy that ensures the delivery of world-class community health services across the in-country network on a continuous basis as the organization grows. The Officer will also support operational research initiatives, documentation of QA best practices, and sharing of lessons learned with the purpose of improving community health programming. S/he will coach the QA team to improve their capacity to manage the LG QI strategy.
- Review and revise the Quality Improvement Strategy for LG including harmonization across all LG countries
- Support the QA team to develop branch-specific quarterly data and service quality improvement plans based on QA routine results
- Develop the capacity building plan of the QA team and build the capacity of the QA and branch teams to lead and implement quality improvement interventions
- Collaborating with the QA team, propose and develop state of the art CHWs knowledge assessment tools and processes
- In collaboration with the QA and M&E teams, support data analysis and report writing for all quality improvement related operations research initiatives aimed at improving data and service quality
- Supporting the QA and M&E teams to design methodology, data collection tools for all quality improvement research initiatives
- Document and publish lessons learned and best practices for quality improvement to inform organizational learning and build the capacity of the QA team to do the same
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in any discipline related to quantitative data analysis or health sciences (statistics, public health, epidemiology, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience*
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-Data, SAS, R, or STATA*
- Track record of improving the quality of a process or its outcomes, particularly through quality improvement approaches*
- Experience designing or conducting research and writing reports to capture the findings*
- Experience with data collection, e.g. through surveys, and/or data quality control management*
- Work experience in a health service delivery context, preferably with a Ugandan community health service provider and/or a program led by community health workers
- Public speaking experience, ideally presenting abstracts at conferences
- Experience training, coaching, or mentoring others
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project
- Flexibility, self-motivation, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and ability to work in teams
- Willingness to travel across Uganda
About the Organization
Since 2007, Living Goods has empowered people in need to improve their health and wealth by sustainably expanding access to life-changing products and services through a network of community resource persons known as Community Health Workers (CHWs). The CHWs leverage the power of human connection to improve the health of their neighbors. The CHW model for LG involves both preventive and curative services where CHWs engage in door to door health education and sell affordable lifesaving products to their communities. Over the next four years, to build on progress made and reach the vision, LG Uganda will continue to focus on delivering impactful community health interventions and will seek to: scale rapidly and aim for national coverage, broaden and deepen impact by expanding what we do and multiplying impact through partners and policy.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.