The Quality Management (QM) Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation, will take a leading role in tracking the implementation of the National Quality Management Policy, which is the strategic plan for improving the quality of health care services provided to the 18 million people living in Malawi. The officer will also work closely with the Quality Management Directorate (QMD) to coordinate the implementation of quality improvement roadmaps across multiple ministry directorates. The officer will also interact with technical representatives from partner organizations, both local and international. The officer will report to the Deputy Director responsible for Quality Assurance in the Quality Management Directorate.
- Assist with the monitoring of the quality management strategy and other key policies to improve the quality of care across the health sector
- Assist with development of program tools, including data collection methods and program narratives
- Create a database for key programs under the quality management department
- Participate in program planning including budgeting
- Receive data from reporting sites and conduct data entry
- Assist with data management, analysis, and dissemination
- Conduct data quality assessments
- Participate in quality management surveys
- Participate in integrated supportive supervision
- Assist in compiling reports and documents for the ministry
- Update the quality management Twitter handle
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- At least one year of experience in program design, implementation, and/or monitoring and evaluation of a program*
- Competence with statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi Info, or STATA*
- Experience with qualitative or quantitative data analysis*
- Excellent writing skills, with experience translating technical information into accessible language, as evidenced by writing reports, summaries, or other materials*
- Competence in computer office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint*
- Master’s degree in social science, public health or related field
- Familiarity with quality improvement processes, including monitoring and evaluation tools such as run charts
- Experience creating tools for data collection or monitoring (e.g. surveys, interviews, focus groups)
- Experience coordinating stakeholders around a shared purpose
- Experience or training as a facilitator
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. government officials, clients, and/or donors)
- Self-starter and takes independent initiative
- Strategic thinker, analytical and creative
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with high ranking officials
- Ability to work flexibly, including handling an erratic schedule and/or location changes
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to successfully navigate high-pressure situations and rapidly changing environments
- Interest in learning about the different branches of the Malawi Government, particularly the MOH
- Knowledge of public health or the health care delivery environment
- At least one year of experience working in teams
About the Organization
The Ministry of Health’s (MOH) mission is to improve the overall health of all Malawians, ensure that the population is satisfied with the health services provided, and protect patients from avoidable financial risks in the process of accessing health care.
To fast track the achievement of universal health coverage by 2030, the MOH established the Quality Management Directorate (QMD) in 2016 to provide strategic leadership and coordination of quality management initiatives across the entire health sector. The directorate has three divisions: quality assurance, quality improvement and norms and standards.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.