Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer
The Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer will be based in Lusaka and will work closely with the network of Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) branches to develop resource mobilization strategies and identify opportunities to enhance branch fundraising potential. The fellow will be responsible for strengthening donor relations and will represent the organization at meetings and strategic gatherings to raise the profile of PPAZ’s work. The Resource Mobilization and Partnership Officer will work closely with the Resource Mobilization Committee to strengthen local income generation strategies and execute fundraising events.
PPAZ is a Zambian non-governmental organization, in existence since 1972 as a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-political organization advancing the cause of sexual and reproductive health in Zambia. It is a member association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). PPAZ’s vision is realization of a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and have access to quality and affordable sexual and reproductive health information and services. Our mission is to advocate for sexual and reproductive health and rights of women, men, and young people, especially the vulnerable, and to empower them to make free and informed reproductive health choices. We dedicate ourselves to the provision of high quality and sustainable youth-focused sexual and reproductive health services.
Since its formation, PPAZ has been a leading organization in Zambia in the area of sexual and reproductive health. PPAZ stands as an organization that responds to the challenges of the unmet needs in reproductive health such as high fertility rates among women, low contraceptive use, high incidence of HIV/AIDS, low use of condoms for HIV prevention, teenage pregnancies, unsafe abortions, and inadequate access to services by underprivileged and underserved communities. In Zambia, the organization is recognized and appreciated as a reliable service provider and initiator of programs that complement the Ministry of Health efforts to provide equitable access to health services for all Zambians.
Grant Proposal Management
- Provide project management for the grant application process, including primary responsibility for narrative development and timely submission of grant applications
- Work with PPAZ management to identify potential funders and develop written proposals for funding various components of PPAZ’s work
- Travel for development purposes, as needed
- Enhance and position the PPAZ brand strategically to increase funding and resource generation capabilities
- Respond to requests and invitations to strategic forums for networking, relationships, capacity, and rapport building
- Represent the organization at strategic gatherings to clearly articulate PPAZ’s position on matters regarding sexual and reproductive health
- Develop a directory of all potential funders, donors, and corporations with their contact information
Planning and Reporting Activities
- Undertake work plans, involving donors and critical stakeholders, for all new projects to ensure consensus and alignment
- Assist with data analysis for donor reporting
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Demonstrated experience drafting grant applications or proposals*
- Excellent oral and written communication skills*
- Project management skills, as evidenced by impressive professional or academic outcomes, especially when managing others to achieve a shared goal*
- Strong relationship and rapport-building skills*
- Demonstrated experience drafting grant applications/proposals*
- Experience with contact management databases
- Professional experience with or academic training in sexual and reproductive health
- Professional experience with or academic training in accounting and/or budget management
- Experience using social media professionally for promotional purposes
- Capable of using a collaborative, team-oriented approach to projects
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.