The Resource Mobilization Officer will support the Reproductive Health Directorate (RHD) to mobilize resources for successful implementation of the five-year National Strategic Plan for Cervical Cancer. In particular, they will support the cervical cancer program activities as outlined in the 2022-2026 National Strategic Plan for Cervical Cancer aimed at:
- Ensuring adequate availability of staff in all service delivery health facilities including outreach programs
- Providing the national support for supply chain of cervical cancer commodities
- Supporting the scale up of cervical cancer screening and treatment of precancerous lesions
- Reducing cervical cancer morbidity and mortality in Malawi
- Scaling up of HPV-based cervical cancer screening
- Increasing access to tertiary treatment of cervical cancer cases
- Coordinate the activities of the cervical cancer program fundraising team by implementing our fundraising strategy and standard operating procedures
- Oversee knowledge management for the fundraising team, including maintaining the grants tracker and calendar to ensure well-planned and targeted responses
- Support the creation of concept notes, proposals, reports, and corresponding budgets by liaising with relevant MoH departments and stakeholders, the RHD team and the Government of Malawi
- Support the fundraising team with grant prospecting and scoping of new programmatic initiatives
- Organize meetings with multilateral and bilateral donors to increase their funding allocation to cervical cancer programs
Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by experience drafting documents for external use*
- At least one year of relevant professional experience, including experience with proposal writing, institutional fundraising, and/or budget development*
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to work on complex projects from creation to completion, plan and prioritize multiple projects, and coordinate teams to meet deadlines*
- Experience maintaining and cultivating relationships with government agencies, donors, and partner organizations
- Experience with prospect research and/or fundraising information sources like Guidestar or the Foundation Center
- Experiencing writing successful fundraising proposals
- Experience developing and/or improving internal processes, policies, manuals, or guidelines
- Ability to work proactively on a large team
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in multitasking, working in a fast-paced environment, thinking strategically, and delivering measurable results
About the Organization
Our vision for the Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control Program is a state of health where all women in Malawi are free from cervical cancer.
Our mission is to reduce incidence and mortality from cervical cancer by the year 2026, through universal access to comprehensive cervical cancer prevention and treatment services for all women in Malawi.
Our priority is to increase the screening coverage among eligible women to 70% and treatment coverage to 90% as per WHO recommendations.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.