Software Project Manager
The Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) is making efforts to digitize its services by strengthening the Health Sector Staff Mutual Assistance Group (HSS-MAG) IT system which is part of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan. The goal of the master plan is to take the country to the next level of productivity and efficiency. It aims to bring advances in health technology, policy, and other areas to the country in order to improve staff motivation and retention, performance, quality, and safety in the health sector.
The Software Project Manager will support the Ministry in its activities by assessing progress made towards achieving existing goals and by identifying and addressing gaps that may be limiting MOH’s ability to digitize health services, especially HSS-MAG financial management.
- Support development of HSS-MAG IT system workplan for 2021-2024 which highlights flagship projects
- Assist in designing and launching new ICT projects (e.g. financial management and/or monitoring)
- Develop an approach for software quality assurance to ensure that financial processes and products conform to established standards
- Register current IT applications and assess their infrastructure capability and maturity against agreed-on maturity assessment models, especially the rollout of the management software to outlets (HSS-MAG sub-committees in health facilities)
- Contribute to the development of a roadmap to implement the Integrated ICT Solutions for the health sector
- Support the definition of best practices for information management project governance structures for the sector
- Develop a plan to record eHealth documentation and best practices
- Propose HSS-MAG IT solutions maturity models, frameworks, and associated standards for the MOH
- Establish an adoption plan for the implementation of the management software rollout and identify priority items across the entire health sector
- Facilitate collaboration towards interoperability across all the systems in the health sector and other sectors
- Conduct regular system audits/reviews and provide updates to both strategic decision makers and operational teams
- Develop a benefits realization framework that defines measurable outcomes of ICT projects
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or a related field*
- At least one year of professional experience*
- Experience designing, implementing, or managing sizeable enterprise IT systems, software, or applications, especially in financial management*
- Computer programing languages and knowledge in DBMS: PHP, Java, .NET (C#), SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres (PostgreSQL), or Oracle*
- Experience with project monitoring, such as designing, gathering, tracking, or reporting on key metrics*
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Project, Visio, or other IT project management package*
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or a related field
- Relevant IT skills (e.g. systems design or architecture, IT infrastructure planning or design, software development, database administration, IT security management, and/or IT service operations)
- Experience designing or assessing software systems’ infrastructure capability, quality assurance, and/or maturity
- Track record of successfully implementing new projects
- Certification in MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle, project management, or related IT project management certificate
- Working proficiency in French
- Self-motivated, quick, and assertive
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work well under pressure in complex and dynamic environments
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and leadership skills
About the Organization
The Ministry of Health continually provides and improves health services to the Rwandan population through the provision of preventive, curative, and rehabilitative healthcare, thereby contributing to the reduction of poverty and enhancing the general well-being of the population.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.