The Strategic Information Analyst (SIA) will primarily work under the Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI)’s Communication, Information, and Research pillar to support research activities. They will also have opportunities to contribute to the efforts of our multi-disciplinary team and support various tasks across the other strategic pillars. The Analyst will be required to manage ZNPHI’s strategic information and assist with the publication of the Health Press. The Analyst will work in collaboration with the Public Health Analyst to develop and execute uptake strategies to demonstrate the relevance of research findings, with emphasis on how to translate knowledge to practice for policy makers and practitioners. The SIA will also support surveillance and disease intelligence efforts. The SIA will report to the Director – Communication, Information and Research.
- Conduct evidence synthesis (including systematic reviews) in priority areas and knowledge translation
- Promote the dissemination and uptake of public health information through knowledge translation platforms
- Contribute to publications of the Health Press
- Analyze and review public health and other data for presentation in written, web, and other formats for internal and external audiences
- Provide technical assistance to key users of analytical data where necessary
- Facilitate housing of data and indicators in the data repository
- Liaise with key stakeholders as to their information and reporting needs across the various levels of the Institute
- Support surveillance, emergency preparedness, and other public health functions where necessary
- Perform other functions as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis*
- Strong skills in knowledge management and translation (e.g. documenting processes, saving information in an intuitive and approachable format, and/or summarizing and disseminating information)*
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by conducting trainings or presentations, and producing reports, abstracts, or journal articles*
- Experience with data visualization, using tools like Excel or Tableau*
- Experience writing research grant proposals and/or conducting literature reviews
- Demonstrated database management skills
- Familiarity with IT and web applications
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Broad familiarity with research ethics, surveillance, and epidemic preparedness
- Broad understanding of government public health policy
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams
About the Organization
The Zambia National Public Health Institute, under the Directorate of Public Health in the Ministry of Health, is a public health center of excellence with a mandate to address all major public health concerns in Zambia. We aim to reduce the disease burden in the country by supporting efforts in disease prevention, surveillance, emergency response, and research. Our priority public health functions are carried out under six strategic pillars: (i) Emergency Preparedness and Response, (ii) Surveillance and Disease Intelligence, (iii) Laboratory Systems and Networks, (iv) Research, (v) Information Systems, and (vi) Workforce Development.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.