Supply Chain and Logistics Officer
The Supply Chain and Logistics Officer will provide technical assistance to the district-based teams and supported sites, and to districts in supply chain and logistics operations including stores management, stock and inventory management, and procurement and supply functions. They will work with the district logistics teams and medicine management supervisors to support the implementation of Ministry of Health (MOH) strategies. They will be responsible for incorporating and updating supply chain activities in the district technical assistance matrix.
- Provide support to the districts and sites in stores management
- Provide support to districts and sites in stock management
- Support districts and sites in logistics information system management systems
- Provide guidance and input in the district-based team technical matrix
- Support the implementation of MOH strategies including SPARS, web-based ordering, redistribution, and Rx-solution by the MMSs and district logistics teams
- Build capacity of site staff in supply chain and logistics functions and operations
- Support mechanisms for tracking the stock status at facility levels and sharing reports
- Support the procurement functions for districts and sites including accurate and timely ordering and reporting to the national warehouses
- Support the tracking of all dispatched items to ensure that they reach their final destinations
- Support periodic stocktaking at the foundation stores
- Any other duty as may be assigned by management
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, procurement, supply chain and logistics management, stores management, or related field*
- Experience working on procurement and supply chain activities in a professional environment*
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office*
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project*
- Certificate/diploma in Medical Records
- Training in supply chain and logistics management or stores management
- Prior experience working in medical stores
- Familiarity with the application of supply chain management techniques (e.g. FIFO/FEFO, re-order levels, ABC analysis, or Pareto Analysis)
- Prior experience with inventory management
- Excellent writing skills, as evidenced by experience writing reports or summaries
- Good team player
About the Organization
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS. We are working in 17 countries around the world to provide HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for women, children, and families—with a mission to eliminate pediatric AIDS.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.