Supply Chain and Procurement Officer
The Supply Chain and Procurement Officer will manage the stock and inventory at both the on-site and off-site office stores of EGPAF Uganda. The role involves verifying all goods before receiving them and keeping updated records of all inventory in stock. The Supply Chain and Procurement Officer will be responsible for preparing all dispatches to the field and periodically reporting these dispatches to management. The Officer will also ensure that all assets are properly engraved before delivery to the recipient and keep an updated assets record for property in facilities and in the program office. Additionally, the Supply Chain and Procurement Officer will be expected to keep the stores neat and orderly for easy access and efficient management.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention, care and treatment programs. Since 2000, EGPAF has been supporting prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) and HIV and AIDS care and treatment services in Uganda. EGPAF Uganda is a leading provider of technical assistance to Uganda’s Ministry of Health and supports clinical service delivery at the facility, regional, and national levels. The organization works closely with the Ministry of Health and other partners to increase access to comprehensive, high-quality HIV prevention, care and treatment, and tuberculosis (TB) identification and treatment services among women, children, and families living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. EGPAF Uganda currently supports services at 234 health facilities in 13 districts of the Southwest Region. EGPAF works hand-in-hand with Uganda’s Ministry of Health to formulate evidence-based policies supporting all persons affected by HIV and actively participates in national HIV-related technical working groups and advisory committees. EGPAF plays a central role in the revision and adaptation of the national PMTCT and anti-retroviral treatment (ART) guidelines. EGPAF Uganda has also actively implemented operations research to ensure scale up of best practices in HIV clinical management in-country.
- Receive and record all procurements and disbursements
- Track all dispatched items to ensure that they reached their final destinations and also track the incoming goods to ensure timely delivery
- Monitor stock levels and maintain these at the required levels
- Issue stocks at request and ensure they are properly authorized
- Ensure the safety of items in the store and that only authorized staff access the store
- Maintain an orderly and up-to-date documentation and filing system of the stores documents
- Maintain updated inventory of all equipment, furniture, and other assets of EGPAF
- Ensure proper arrangement and clean storage area with shelves labeled properly
- Carryout periodic stocktaking
- Make stock variance reports to senior leadership team
- Periodically report expired stocks to senior management team and arrange for their destruction
- Make regular report about stock movement and general stores operations
- Any other duty as may be assigned by management
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics management, or stores management, business, or related field
- Demonstrated experience working on procurement and supply chain activities in a professional environment*
- Experience with inventory management*
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access*
- Certificate/diploma in medical records
- Experience working in medical stores
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Team player
- Application of supply chain management techniques (e.g. re-order levels, ABC, or Pareto Analysis)
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.