Supply Chain Officer
Solid’Africa is scaling up significantly in the coming year and will go from supporting 400 vulnerable patients up to 1000 in the capital city of Kigali. Strengthening supply chain practices will be a central part of this work. The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for supporting and providing suggestions for improving Solid’Africa’s procurement processes, by collaborating with the supplies, food prep, and operations teams.
- Assess the current supply chain process and develop a strategy to update it for maximum efficiency and productivity. This includes every stage of the supply chain: market and farm suppliers, storage practices, inventory, daily meal orders, food preparation, quality control, food packaging, and delivery
- Research and present best practices in food supply chain to the Solid’Africa Leadership team for input, feedback, and decision making
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Remain mindful of resource availability and budget restraints
- Oversee overall quality control
- Collaborate with suppliers, food prep, and operations teams to gather required information and implement new supply chain processes and procedures
- Identify any process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Determine supply chain KPIs for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting needs
- Train employees on the supply chain process
- Work with the management team to determine best suppliers and distribution method
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree*
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement, supply chain, or logistics management, including processes and procedures*
- Experience initiating a new process or improving an existing process or outcome, ideally developing and implementing a new supply chain or related project*
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project*
- Experience in with financial management/accounting
- Working proficiency in Kinyarwanda and/or French
- Previous experience with supply chain management software
- Past success in a high-performing organization, eagerness to apply best practices
- Self-motivated, highly organized individual who is flexible and hard working
- Creative self-starter who is able to apply their skills and experience to update and create efficient supply chain processes for a rapidly growing organization
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, demonstrated by the ability to research, plan, and execute a supply chain strategy with effectiveness and a high level of ownership and accountability
- Strong teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism in a working environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
About the Organization
Solid'Africa is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2011 with the mission to help vulnerable patients in public hospitals. The primary goal is to accelerate patient recovery and preserve their dignity during public hospitals stays. Through five main programs, the organization provides balanced diets, hygienic products, clean water and financial support to access drugs, diagnostics and care in cases not covered by the national public health insurance. Currently we are able to support 400 patients each day but we know the daily need in the capital city alone is 1500+ and are working towards meeting this significant need. In order to do this we are building an industrial kitchen that will be ready in early 2019. This kitchen will allow us to reach thousands of vulnerable patients. Our target population is all types of inpatients from a socio-economic background that can be considered as vulnerable. This includes children, women and men. We provide daily healthy meals, financial support with medical bills and medicine as well as transport to get travel home after discharge from hospital as many patients live outside of the capital city. We also focus on advocacy and awareness in health and nutrition.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.