The core role of the Data analyst is to analyze and interpret findings from the Refugee Community Health Information System, to inform the project’s implementation and feature development strategy. In this role, the fellow would be our Data champion, supporting content development and monitoring trends to inform partner decisions and program implementation. H/She will be responsible for the management of the entire data lifecycle including collection, management, storage, analysis, reporting, innovations, and development as well as facilitating visualization, learning and exchange of insights. Analytical skills will help the Data Analyst interpret the patterns and trends in the project’s outcome, interim and impact datasets to aid informed decision making for partners in the refugee settlements. H/She will also lead data quality checks, control, and management for field data collection activities
- Develops and manages information to support corporate decision making.
- Serve as the custodian for existing project dashboards, ensuring their fidelity, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Manages and improves existing data visualization, analysis and reporting systems.
- Perform and share, in creatively simplified ways, complex analyses on outcome, interim and impact data.
- Conducts and facilitates (and educates and trains on) all things data - including but not limited to evidence for program intervention, as well as software design.
- Lead and guide partners on the data use processes including using data analyses, issues identification, organizational risk assessment, and decision-making processes.
- Provides consulting and analytic services to leadership.
- Provides technical support and mentoring and training to less-senior analysts.
- Works closely with software engineering colleagues to develop and implement a strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Represent Guild Digital in key stakeholder forums, events and conferences
- Contribute to a fulfilling, positive and encouraging working environment that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience*
- Knowledge and experience in data visualization, dashboard design, data interpretation, and data manipulation in development sector implementations. *
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, teamwork, written communication, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, results orientation, strategic thinking, and team building*
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications*
- Familiarity with software development and delivery processes and experience in digital health programs*
- 2-3 years of relevant professional work experience in digital/technology environments, preferably as a data analyst or with analytical software experience. *
- Competence in Database Management systems, visualization tools and Mapping systems such as; Mhealth, My SQL, Superset, Klipfolio, GIS*
- The Data Analyst should have experience in social justice, livelihoods and/or humanitarian program design.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of analysis findings with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to apply M&E process-based tools including result-based and participatory monitoring and evaluation, gender analysis frameworks, feasibility studies, data quality assurance, and reporting.
- Ability to provide strong Monitoring and Evaluation support and compile/review donor reports
- Advanced report and technical writing skills
- Have an understanding of health service provision/ public health systems/ community health/ digital health
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in participatory research within last-mile communities will be an advantage.
- Team player, with the ability to be self-driven.
- Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Program Quality assurance and learning
- Strategic engagement and influence
- Team leadership and people management
- Program strategy and business development
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- capacity building and empowerment of the organizational team
- Personal commitment, result oriented, efficiency and flexibility
About the Organization
Guild Digital is a technology company increasingly defining its preeminent niche in the ICT4D sub sector. Through our individual and collective experiences, Guild Digital supports development sector clients with the strategic infusion of technology within their mission driven work. Through our partnerships and collaboration, we help our clients to design, develop and deploy digital technology solutions that fit purpose and align with the mission.
Our Vision is to nurture innovative technology within the missions of the development sector, and to drive impact through effective use of technology. We help social change organizations, teams, and leaders understand what technology can and can’t do for their mission. We help you design, build and deploy the tech solutions best aligned to solving for your mission.
Our current technical solutions are more inclined to the humanitarian digital health space. With the support of partners; Medic Mobile and UNHCR, we have adapted, deployed and currently manage the Refugee Community Health Management Information System Project in four of the thirteen refugee settlements in Uganda
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.