eHealth Project Manager
The Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) is making efforts to digitize its services by implementing the eHealth Strategy which is part of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan. The goal of the Master Plan is to take the country to the next level of productivity and efficiency. It aims to bring advances in health technology, policy, and other areas to the country in order to improve performance, quality, and safety in the health sector.
The eHealth Project Manager will support the Ministry in its eHealth activities by assessing progress made towards achieving existing goals and by identifying and addressing gaps that may be limiting MOH’s ability to digitize health services.
- Support development of an eHealth workplan for 2018-2024 which highlights flagship projects
- Assist in designing and launching new eHealth projects, e.g. concerning TeleHealth and/or monitoring (e.g. through a control room)
- Develop an approach for software quality assurance to ensure that eHealth processes and products conforms to established standards
- Register current eHealth applications and assess their infrastructure capability and maturity against agreed-on maturity assessment models, especially the rollout of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Develop a roadmap to implement the Integrated Smart Health Solutions for the health sector
- Support the definition of best practice eHealth project governance structures for the sector
- Develop a plan to record eHealth documentation and best-practices
- Propose eHealth maturity models, frameworks, and associated standards for the Ministry
- Establish an adoption plan for the implementation of national eHealth initiatives and identify priority items across the entire health sector
- Facilitate collaboration towards inter-operability across all the systems in the health sector and other sectors
- Conduct regular system audits/reviews and provide updates to both strategic decision makers and operational teams
- Develop a benefits realization framework that defines measurable outcomes for eHealth projects
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or related field*
- Preferred: Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or related field
- At least two years of project management or technical experience implementing sizeable enterprise IT systems, software, or applications, especially eHealth*
- Experience designing or assessing software systems’ infrastructure capability, quality assurance, and/or maturity*
- Experience designing and tracking project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics*
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISIO, or other IT Project Management Package*
- Relevant IT skills, e.g. systems design or architecture, IT infrastructure planning or design, software development, database administration, IT security management, and/or IT service operations
- Track record of successfully implementing at least two new projects
- Certification in two or more of the following areas: MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle, Project Management or related IT Project Management Certificate
- Working proficiency in French
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work well under pressure in dealing with complexity in dynamic environments
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and leadership skills
About the Organization
The goal of the Ministry of Health is to provide and continually improve health services to the Rwandan population through the provision of preventive, curative, and rehabilitative healthcare, thereby contributing to the reduction of poverty and enhancing the general well-being of the population.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.