The Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) is making efforts to digitize its services by implementing the eHealth Strategy which is part of the National Innovation Systems Strategy and the 5-year Smart Rwanda Master Plan II. The goal of the strategy and Master plan II is to take the country to the next level of productivity and efficiency. It aims to bring advances in health technology, policy, and other areas to the country in order to improve performance, quality, and safety in the health sector.
The eHealth Project Manager will support the MOH in its eHealth activities by assessing progress made towards achieving existing goals and by identifying and addressing gaps that may be limiting the MOH’s ability to digitize health services.
- Support the documentation and the development of a digital transformation roadmap/strategy for the Ministry of Health in consultation with the organization’s senior management and the relevant department heads and technical staff
- Support the rollout of a fully integrated digital ecosystem at Ministry of Health, and integration and interoperability with other relevant external systems
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing e-health systems at Ministry of Health and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Develop metrics for measuring the implementation deliverables, key success indicators and impact of the different systems
- Work closely with other development partners and donors to ensure that there is no duplication of efforts and resources and that there is synergy in all digitization related efforts
- Support cultivating relationships with government agencies such as RBC, RMS, RFDA and RISA and other stakeholders to develop deep insights
- Conduct business analysis: map out business process, capture business requirements and specifications (story boards, use cases, wireframes, etc.), support translation into technical requirements for each system that is implemented at the Ministry of Health
- Support the system/integration testing efforts, test changes, enhancements, and new programs or functions to ensure they meet business needs
- Work with third-party contractors and ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Support the leadership in setting project goals and the implementation plan, including timeframes, budget estimates, and individual responsibilities
- Apply project management tools to track project performance, schedule adherence and risk assessment
- Support the coordination of project team members, organizing meetings, and discussing status reports and progress
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field*
- At least one year of professional experience*
- Experience designing, implementing, or managing sizeable enterprise IT systems, software, or applications, especially eHealth*
- Experience with project monitoring, such as designing, gathering, tracking, or reporting on key metrics*
- Master’s degree in health informatics, health information systems management, computer science, software design, or a related field
- Relevant IT skills (e.g. systems design or architecture, IT infrastructure planning or design, software development, database administration, IT security management, and/or IT service operations)
- Experience with user-centered software design: identify, wireframe, prototype, test, and operationalize eHealth solutions using visualization platforms
- Experience designing or assessing software systems’ infrastructure capability, quality assurance, and/or maturity
- Exposure in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modelling techniques
- Track record of successfully implementing new projects
- Certification in MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle, project management, or related IT project management certificate
- Working proficiency in French
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and on tight deadlines
- Team player, results oriented, innovative, and committed to continuous learning
- Effective communication skills, both written and orally, with technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to recommend priorities to multiple stakeholders based on the highest business value
- PMP certified
About the Organization
The Ministry of Health provides and continually improves health services to the Rwandan population through the provision of preventive, curative, and rehabilitative healthcare, thereby contributing to the reduction of poverty and enhancing the general well-being of the population.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.