The Program Officer will play an essential role in developing the next five-year strategic plan for Nama Wellness Community Center, in addition to managing community project operations and overseeing health center activities. They will work closely with the executive director and senior management team to ensure the effective implementation of NAWEC projects.
- Work closely with the executive director (ED) to evaluate the NAWEC strategic plan ending June 2023
- Support the ED in the development of NAWEC’s next 5-year strategic plan. Update all NAWEC policies and procedures to ensure they are aligned with the strategic plan. Keep management up to date with strategic plan development process and present the final plan to the staff and other stakeholders
- Manage all NAWEC community project operations and oversee health center activities, ensuring compliance with national policies and procedures, and making appropriate improvements as needed
- Support the line management of staff and Village Health Teams (VHTs) within the community project
- Work closely with the senior management team, to ensure effective financial planning, management and reporting in all project areas
- Ensure that the community health worker’s program implementation process complies with donor reporting requirements
- Support the NGO certificate renewal process at the NGO bureau by ensuring all relevant documents are up-to-date
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in strategic planning or program evaluation*
- Strong project management skills, as evidenced by creating project work plans, summary documents/reports, or coordinating key stakeholders to achieve a time-bound goal*
- Excellent writing skills, as evidenced by writing reports, articles, or other materials that summarize key findings for external audiences*
- Experience conducting stakeholder dialogues
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge of NGO registration and permit renewal process in Uganda
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem-solve
About the Organization
Nama Wellness Community Centre (NAWEC) is a locally registered NGO in Mukono District. The organization opened in 2014 to provide high-quality primary healthcare services to the people of Mukono district and the surrounding areas, focusing on women and children. Over the last two years, NAMEC has begun implementing a more comprehensive, systems-strengthening model, which includes: (1) training and mentoring community health workers (CHWs), (2) building the capacity of government health centres, (3) conducting clinical outreaches, and (4) providing excellent services and clinical training.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.