The Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO) will be responsible for supporting resource mobilization and new business development activities including building a network of resource partners which will be comprised of donors, development partners, corporates, academia, policymakers, philanthropists, and foundations. The officer will target partners who share the vision of Brasys and can provide funds, technical, and other support to meet the current and future needs of Brasys. The RMO will also support the external communication and promotion of the Brasys brand, raising awareness about the organization’s work at various forums, and ensuring transparency and regular information sharing with the public. The RMO will be embedded within the Technical Services team and will report to the Technical Services Manager.
- Support the development of a fundraising strategy and standard operating procedures in partnership with the Technical and Quality Management Team
- Assist in the implementation of the fundraising strategy
- Develop and update organizational communication tools including the organization profile, capability statements, website and other social media
- Oversee knowledge management for fundraising, including maintaining the grants tracker and calendar, to ensure well-planned and targeted responses to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Support the creation of concept notes, proposals, reports, and corresponding budgets by liaising with other personnel including Technical Services and Program Management teams
- Lead grant prospecting and scoping new programmatic initiatives
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience with proposal writing, institutional fundraising, and/or budget development*
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by experience drafting documents for external use, ideally including successful fundraising proposals*
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in fundraising, resource mobilization, marketing/business development, or other related field*
- Ability to work proactively on a small team
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, thinking strategically, and delivering measurable results
- Willing to take initiative and work with inspiration and minimal direction once projects are agreed and assigned
- Experience maintaining and cultivating relationships with government agencies, donors, or other partner organizations
- Excellent project management skills, including past experience working simultaneously on multiple projects, and/or coordinating across teams to meet tight deadlines
- Public speaking experience, such as through presentations, workshops, or trainings
About the Organization
Bracing Health & Social Protection Systems for Sustainability (Brasys) is a non-governmental organization that deploys organizational development initiatives, quality improvement processes, performance monitoring & evaluation services (including digital solutions), and innovative sustainability approaches. In partnership with donors and NGOs, Brasys strengthens public sector institutions, community-based, and grassroots organizations in Zambia. Our goal is to increase access to health and social protection services for underserved populations, through the strengthening of program management and service delivery systems.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.