Mission | Vision | Impact
Our mission is to mobilize a diverse community of leaders to build the movement for global health equity.
We envision a world where every person lives a healthy, dignified life.
We believe that investing in leadership will bring real and sustainable progress in the advancement of health equity. Amplifying the power within ourselves—and the people we work with around the world—to achieve our mission requires that we hold ourselves accountable to a set of core values:
- Shared integrity: We cultivate and nurture trust in ourselves and each other.
- Inclusive collaboration: We embrace the power of our differences.
- Sustainable resilience: We are intentional with our time and energy.
- Continuous learning: We seek and foster experiences that allow us to grow.
Our Theory of Impact
Effective leadership is crucial to strengthening health systems and improving health equity.
Building upon our Theory of Impact, our 2019-2022 strategic plan focuses on:
- increasing investment in our alumni community as levers of change,
- optimizing the fellowship program in size, geographic focus, programming and fellow selection, and
- leveraging systems and processes throughout the organization to maximize impact.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of change-makers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.